Sunday 21 December 2008

Under the moonlight

The sky was so clear, yet, no stars were there to decorate it. 
Leaving the moon to shine by itself.

I took another step, moving further and further away. Every step was marked with a footprint, on the inch deep snow. The street was empty, as usual on a winter night. My body was getting weaker and weaker, every step took more and more effort. I looked up, the trees were leafless, snow were covering them as if it were a coat. The voices of laughter and merriness was fading, and it was getting darker and darker. The dim street light wasn't really serving it's purpose, or was my eyelids getting heavy and heavier?

I continued walking, the ice cold wind gushing against my face did not help at all, and it kept on coming, showing no mercy. My legs failed me, and I fell kneeling on the snow bed. Struggling to breathe, every breath froze my lungs. With my last bit of energy, I crawled to a corner, leaned at the brick-red wall, and curled myself up. Remembering the shelter I had, with comfortable heat and everything i needed,  and the decision to walk out,                            cut my heart.

Tears were dropping from my eyes, slowly. When they reached the ground, they were already turned to ice. The snow didn't care about my tears, and kept falling, showing no compassion. As the air grew thinner and colder, I looked up at the crescent moon, glowing by itself. Slowly, some clouds veiled it, and that was the last light, the last glow, I saw.




Life is like a thin glass,
So vulnerable,
So fragile.
A glass rose,
beautiful,
yet with no smell.
How easily it can be dropped,
and shattered.
Moulding back seems,
impossible.
A far dream,
A distant star,
A mirage.
Just when we reach for it,
it disappears.
Vapourises.

Wishing for an impossible wish,
Glancing back at the shattered pieces,
The heart breaks,
and the soul grieves.
Under the moonlight.

0 comments: